We had gas pain again last night.
This time around, I was able to comfort him in an hour…. which is too long for my baby to be in pain…
What worked was:
- Playing his favourite music
- Cuddling to comfort him
- Breastfeeding to comfort him
- Patting and stroking his back while cuddling to help him burp
- Raising his legs like for a diaper change to help him fart
- Doing leg exercises like cycling, pressing knees to stomach, etc
Feeling troubled about giving gripe water when the doctor said not to, I gave it anyway and discovered that burping him immediately after the gripe water provided greater relief than just giving it to him. He burped at least two times, maybe five (couldn’t be sure if those were burps).